Saturday, February 23, 2019

Two Weeks After Early Retirement - Commence of Enjoying My Fruits of Delay Gratificatiion

It has been two weeks since I stepped down from full-time job. In this post, I would like to share about the changes to me since then. 

First, my sleep quality is extremely good as I have no worry about job burden and pressure as a then Senior Manager. Unlike old days, I feel very calm and relax each second of the day. My friends are also observing that I keep smiling along the way since my early retirement. The implication of this means that I am on the way on getting better health. In particular, I blood pressure has been very well maintained due to less tension. I do hope that I could have more black hair in the near future.

Second, I have ample personal time for hobbies. Each and every day, I spend about 1.5 to 2 hours to take care of my plants. I feel extremely excited when I see my plants blossom. I keep studying on how to grow them better and share my result with my friends.

Third, I have more time for reading. No rushing but just take my time to read. To me, reading is a source of life essence. I am not only learning but also to workout on how to make my life better. It is true that the cost of reading is high nowadays. Therefore, I start to go to library, look for secondhand books with discount or buy new books during bookstore sales.

Forth, I also spend time on watching movies and dramas. Even though I am not addicted to these but I am willing to spend some time for good movies and dramas which I couldn't have any during the old days.

Fifth, I like to sing even though I am not a good singer. I go for Karaoke with my wife as the charges will be a lot cheaper during weekdays which I absolutely couldn't do it when I was in full-time job.

Last, but not least, I am planning to travel around. I have friends start calling me to travel during non-school holiday period as the fare for flight and accommodation will be a lot cheaper. As long as it is still within my budget, I have no hesitation to go around when I am still capable to while I also happy to get around with my friends.

Life is short and it is time for me to "PLAY HARD". My term of PLAY HARD means to enjoy my life but not bury myself into full-time job that gives me tremendous pressure. I am now enjoying my fruits of delay gratification.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments