Friday, February 1, 2019

After Thought of My Financial Freedom

I attain my financial freedom at the age of 40. However, in order to prove that I am ready, I have done some experiments in the past seven years. I also shared the results of these experiments in my previous posts. Everything is moving well. In January of this year, I tendered in my resignation letter for the third time. This is because I have decided to realize my lifetime goal: quit the rat race. Take this opportunity, I would like to share my feelings about being a free person.

After graduating from college, I have worked for more than 23 years. In almost a quarter of a century, I have only worked for two companies. The longest of my stay is the company I just left which is more than 21 years. Seriously, I was rather reluctant to leave. I have spent almost all of my working life here. From busy life to have tremendous leisure time, I feel a little lost at the beginning. In this transitional phase, psychological adjustment is very important:

First, I have to give myself a recognition. That is, I am really free man. I am my own owner of myself. I don't have to sell my time for money anymore. I can do what I love to do. The ultimate goal of this idea is not to let my life fill up with regrets. Therefore, the fact that I must accept is that I don't have to be like the others who have to work for life.

Second, I am still contributing to my society and country. I am still having passive income and spending it. My standard of living is not affected because there is no fixed income. Through the financial planning roadmap, I can be sure that I am going well.

Third, I have minimized possible risks in life via insurance, wills, trusts, etc. that able to give me a peace of mind.

I was often asked: "You have no fixed income. Will you feel very unsafe?" My resignation is not a matter of arrogance but a well-thought-out decision. Years of financial planning has made me no longer need to rely on fixed income to maintain my life. My passive income has already exceeded my living expenses. Think about it. If I am doing a job that I love, I will not resign. However, the reality is just the opposite. I have not had a sense of belonging to this 21-year work. But I am a dedicated person. Although I don't like it, I will do my best. My ex-boss, as a result, had also kept increasing my workload because of my positive attitude while I have not been given any appreciation and/or reasonable compensation. Work pressure has been increasing but I was not been treated fairly. If I lose my health because of my work, do you think it is worthy?

People also asked: "How do you know that your passive income is sustainable? What if you lose your passive income?" Well, I don't know how other people make their income, but I personally is a very conservative person. I am sure that my passive income is also quite stable.

People asked again: "How do you spend your extra time? Do  nothing at home? Don't you feel bored?" Life is short. While I can  walk, I can see, I should enjoy my life as much as I can. It’s a pleasure to do what you like to do. Do you still have to force yourself to continue to struggle for others? Even if you have money, you have ruined your body, is it worth it?

In fact, not only my colleagues, my parents have the same idea as well. It can be seen that it is still difficult for the average person to jump out of the "rat race." This society makes them that they must must work for a lifetime. Money is everything. At the same time, lack of financial management knowledge is another big problem. When everyone learned that I was about to retreat at the age of 48, they think that I am insane. However, I am different from others and that is why I am able to get different results. Don't put the average person's situation on me. Basically, as long as you do the opposite of what the average person does, you will get different results. Maybe you will think that I am out of touch with society. Maybe. But if I do what the society is doing, my result will be  the same as everyone.

The most tragic thing in life is being forced to do things that you don't like. If you are determined to jump out of the rat race, you must draw up a road map with action plans. Perseverance and constant review of strategies are the only way to succeed. However, it is a pity that many people just can't persist and do their best. I have achieved my financial freedom, how about you? No more delay, plan and execute your plan now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments