Monday, February 11, 2019

Last Day at Work

I felt great during Lunar New Year break as I did not have any pressure on work after the holidays since I have completed tasks handing over to my successor. Unlike previous years, I slept very well and felt relax. This is the biggest variance that I first ever experienced. 

Today, February 11, 2019, Monday, the 7th day of Lunar New Year, to be marked as an important day to me. This is the final day that I work as an employee for the company that I have been serving for the past 21.5 years. I have been expecting this day for years but my feeling is mixed when this day is finally come.

During my drive for my final day to work, I tried to enjoy all the scenery passing by. I greeted my Chinese colleagues "新年快乐". My Managing Director bid me a farewell early morning due to his busy schedule. My good subordinates and colleagues handed over me some souvenirs and I gave away chocolates with gratitude before I left. 

Starting tomorrow, I'll be entering a new stage of my life. I have totally no idea how it will be looked like even though I have been projecting and practicing my future life for the past two years. Life is full of changes and challenges and I am ready to overcome them.

Yes, indeed my income will be very much reducing as I will be living on my own without any active income. On the other side of the picture, I have more time for myself and family with healthier lifestyle (as a  result of no more work pressure) which is a good trade-off. Reducing in active income doesn't mean that I'll start spending my own savings. As a matter of fact, my passive income has been much higher than my living expenses which, in turn, I could still maintain my current lifestyle without worry about money. 

Yes, my savings will be slowing down without active income. However, I don't think foregoing my health for more savings is a good offset as my health can't be bought no matter how rich I am. I must admit that not everyone could simply take this major move and I am glad that I have taken mine.

I am expecting my new life to come and I wish all my ex-colleagues, friends and their family members to have good life and health. All the best to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments