Sunday, May 5, 2019

Health or Wealth, Which One Would You Choose?

Money is important. Without money, we can't even meet our basic needs nowadays. That is why we all work for money in order to survive. We work so hard that we fully utilize almost every awake minute to earn. So hard until we have no idea that we have gradually deteriorated our health. Here comes a question, is it worthy to forego health for wealth?

Health and wealth are not necessary positively correlated. Say if you are doing a highly pressurized job. You are well paid and you have your life commitment to fulfill. You work day and night and are so busy until you don't have time to relax yourself. Sooner or later, your body starts to give you signals with the hope that you could slow down. Due to job and life commitment, you have decided to ignore those minor signals and continue your hard work. Your body, soon after, increase its protest strength in order to have your attention. These symptoms has affected your job performance and you have no choice but to seek for medical advice. Unfortunately, most of the medical doctors do not seek for the root cause of these symptoms but use medicine to remove these symptoms. This is terrible. Symptoms removal does not mean your body is cured. Without any symptom, you continue your life style as usual until one day your body collapse. By then, you might be wealthy. But, losing health has make you unable to enjoy your wealth. You might be regret by then but it will be just too late.

To me, health is invaluable. No matter how wealthy I am, I just can't buy my health if it is gone. Therefore, before it is too late, I have to do something. I have to strike a balance between my job and health. Personally, my blood pressure had been increasing for years but I opted to ignore it until it was too high and I was shocked. I went to my family doctor and, without detail investigation of root cause, they gave me medicine to control my blood pressure. As a matter of fact, the root cause of my hypertension was the result of high pressurized work. Anxiety and panic lifestyle had result my mind always at high tension stage, even during holiday with my family. I had been trying to divert my attention in order to try to relax myself but failed.

Since I have attained financial freedom, I decided to quit my job in order to enjoy my life while I am still able to before it is too late. Without work pressure, my blood pressure is stabilizing without medication. So, now, I get a peace of mind while having lots of time doing what I like.

My advice to you is to take care your health as much as you can. Strike a balance between work and health. When body gives you any symptom, pay a good attention on it and seek for the root cause and the way to cure it totally but not only on surface by removing away those symptoms. Symptom removal is just a way to cheat yourself. You are responsible to your body. Your health is so important so that you could minimize the risk for you and your family. Bear in mind that as long as you remain healthy, you still have chance to earn what you need but it will be difficult if it is on the other way round.

Maintain your health now. Control you diet; exercise at least 3 time a week, each time 30 minutes; control your negative thoughts and try to release it as much as you can. Accumulating negative thoughts will affect you moods and feeling which, in turn, will affect your body function sooner or later. By doing this doesn't mean that you will be immune from any sickness but, at least, you have done your best to minimize the chance of occurrence.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this blog. The content is beneficial and useful. Very informative post.https://sensiblebusinessmen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a useful informations. I really enjoyed while reading your article and it is good to know the latest updates. Do post more. Please also read my topics about.intraday Stock Tips

    ReplyDelete

Comments