Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Happy New Year: 2018 Financial Review

Happy New Year in 2019!

It has been another year. Recall from what I did for the past one year, after recalling my resignation at the request of the company's directors, the company is yet to honor what they promised a year ago. So, while the same old problem is still not solved, the workload has doubled or tripled. My body has been giving me some hints. Without proper adjustment, I am afraid that the consequences will be unimaginable. It’s too late to regret by then. Before I have made a big mistake, I must take a good look at what I should do from now on. For me, health is the greatest asset. No matter how much money I have, I just can't buy my lost health. Another thing is that since I am yet to attain the age of  50, I have lots of grey hair. This has shown how much pressure from my work.

Fortunately, I have lesser financial burden. In particular,

  1. I don't owe anyone, I am the owner of the assets I own;
  2. As for the education expenses of the children, it is more than enough for them to study at a local private university/college or a foreign university campus in Malaysia;
  3. Pensions have long been able to provide sufficient passive income;
  4. I have also reserved a medical fund;
  5. I have also prepared a travel fund to look at this beautiful world in my lifetime while my physical condition is still good;
  6. The “after life” arrangement has also been handled with wills and family funds.


In the 2018, while I was still working, I have make some major financial adjustments. Among them, I adjusted my medical insurance coverage at the beginning of last year. All along, my family's medical insurance is mainly based on individuals. Not only the coverage was not high, the premium was not necessarily low. So, after some searching, I adjusted my personal medical coverage to family medical coverage and each coverage increased by 300%. Although the premium has increased by 40%, it is still a good deal compared with the 300% additional coverage. Not to mention my pension is able to sustain this increase. As a result, good medical insurance with self-medication funds have basically covered our future medical expenses requirement. If it is still not enough, we also have government hospitals. So medical area is basically worry-free.

I had also handled "after life" issue in the middle of last year so that I and love will have a "beautiful and comfortable" place to stay.  Further, my kids do not have to worry about how to deal with it. Everything has been well arranged. All they need to do is to make a phone call and everything is resolved.

The next thing to think about is my future days. After several months of careful consideration,  my "desire" on being myself has reached a peak after my health was affected by this job.

Life is short, not to mention that I have entered the mid of the middle age, and I should be kind to myself. To be honest, how many decades do I have to do what I want to do. Fortunately, my financial status is better than the average person. I am debt free and I have been doing early financial planning. With clear financial goals, work along with patient, step by step and down to earth. There are no shortcuts. Only persistence could give me this results.

This new year, I wish everyone of you have a good health and rich life and attain your financial goals as soon as possible so that you could enjoy your life early. Keep it up!

3 comments:

  1. I’ve been surfing online more than 5 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours without a doubt. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Thanks... financial news for today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just visited your blog and it looks like you had done quite good work,hanks for sharing this impotent Tips About Financial Planning

    ReplyDelete

Comments