Saturday, June 12, 2010

Time for Yourself

Have you ever wonder how much time do you allocate for yourself?  I have roughly calculated mine. It surprise me.


I wake up at 5:30am daily to help my wife to prepare breakfast for kids and ourselves before school and work.  I get out to work at 6:45am after breakfast and sending kids to school and arrive office at 7:10am.  I start my work even though my official working time start at 8am.  This is how a manager's daily working life starts.

Except 1 hour lunch, I keep working until 5:30pm.  It takes me 40 minutes to get home due to traffic jam.  I take 30 minutes to do daily routine cleaning maintenance over my house before I go for shower.  My kids and wife arrive home at 7pm and we start to have dinner.  I have to monitor my kids homework, tests and exam until they go to bed at 9pm.  If I am not so tired, I will read newspaper and/or write my blog.  At most by 10pm, I have to go to bed as I really can't stand it anymore.

What!?  I just give myself at most 1 hour daily.  Well, this is life.  A rat race life.  Now I am more firm towards my early retirement so that I can have more time for myself.

How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments