Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Is Your Insurance Agent Still Around?

One day, I checked my life policies status through the insurance company’s online portal. At the end of the policy checking page, the portal shows the details of my servicing agent. I surprised to see that this column shows my policies are under company direct. First thing came to my mind was that it must be a mistake.

As I have not been contacting my agent for a long time, I called up the insurance company’s customer service department to verify. I caught another surprise that the answering officer inform me that my agent had been terminated by the insurance company and that is the reason why my policies are assigned under company direct. I therefore questioned the officer for the reason of not informing customer and they replied they did. I have 3 policies with this insurance company and now you tell me you had sent out all notifications but I received nothing. What the heck is all this? I further queried about the telephone number published under company direct as I found the number was very weird. The officer informed that the number was incorrect and read to me another telephone number.

Hey! What is all this about? First, the insurance company did not inform customer for the changing of servicing agent. Second, the telephone number shown was incorrect. How would this insurance company expect my beneficiaries to contact them in case of claim? Touch wood.

My advise, please do regular contact with your agents to know whether they are around. Second, check with your insurance company to ensure everything is intact. Don’t wait until last minute and your beneficiaries will be those who suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments